The woom 10-year warranty
Inspiring children to love riding their bikes is our mission at woom. That's why we guarantee the premium quality of every bike down to the last detail with innovative technology and long-lasting materials.
We have full confidence in our bikes, which is why we offer a 10-year warranty on the aluminum frames, rigid forks, bars and stem once you've registered online.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
woom offers a 10-year manufacturer's guarantee on aluminum frames, rigid forks, handlebars and stem.
The initial activation of the 10-year warranty requires customers to register on the woom website within nine weeks from the date of purchase of a new woom bike by submitting their proof of purchase online.
Provided that the bike has been registered properly, claims under the warranty must always be made through direct contact with woom. To make a claim directly, please use the contact form with the frame number, proof of purchase, and photos or videos clearly showing the defect. For registered woom bikes that were purchased used, please also include proof of service indicating you’ve had the bike serviced after it was purchased.
If a claim is made under the warranty, woom may choose to repair or replace any faulty parts at its own discretion. If a part cannot be replaced because the type, size or color is no longer available, woom can provide a part regarded as a next-generation part to satisfy the claim made under the warranty. If a part or product is no longer being made at all or if no suitable spare part is available, woom reserves the right to exclude the warranty claim. woom is under no obligation to provide original spare parts. No further claims can be made except for items expressly covered by this warranty. The warranty does not cover compensation for direct or indirect consequential damage. The buyer must cover any costs incurred for labor and/or postage and packaging costs.
The warranty is not extended or renewed when a claim is made under the warranty.
The warranty applies only to private end consumers. The warranty does not apply to end consumers using the products for their work, e.g. at a nursery or playgroup.
The guarantee applies internationally and can be transferred since it is tied to the product and not a person. Legal warranty rights remain unaffected. New owners of used woom bikes will not need to re-register their bicycle, but will need to have the following documents to make warranty claims:
- a copy of the original proof of purchase (screenshot from first owner)
- Proof of warranty registration (confirmation email)
- Proof of service (indicating the used bike was serviced after the new owner purchased it)
What exactly is covered by the warranty?
|Material defects and production faults with the frame, rigid fork, handlebars, stem||Ten years from the date of purchase*|
|E-mountain bike battery||Two years from the date of purchase|
|KIDS' Helmet||Two years from the date of purchase|
What is not covered by the warranty?
● Damage caused by crashes or accidents
● Suspension forks or suspension elements
● Components susceptible to wear and tear like LEDs, dynamo hubs, chains, tires, rims, brake pads, grips, hubs, headset and bottom bracket bearings, and cranks
● Damage to the paintwork
● Damage caused by improper use, e.g. freestyling, stunts and any other overuse
● Damage due to lack of care
● Bikes that have had their frame numbers changed, removed or made illegible
● Changes made to the original bike design and the addition of parts that are not approved for use with the bike