Small HELMET Recall Notice
We have become aware that some woom helmets, size small, do not comply with the federal safety standard, thus posing a risk of head injury. We are issuing a recall of this product immediately in conjunction with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Only the small-sized helmets are included in this recall.
|Helmet side view||Helmet shown with Sizing “S” on the rear|
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us at 855-966-6872, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm CST.
We are requesting that you stop using this product and return your helmet for a full refund. Please visit our return center to print your pre-paid return label. Once your helmet is received, we will process a 100% refund of your original purchase price.
The happiness and safety of children are at the heart of our mission, and we are devoted to earning the trust of all parents, friends and relatives in the extended woom family.
To view the CPSC notice, please click here.
Why is the small helmet being recalled?
- We learned that the small woom helmet needed to be recalled in August 2020 due to some of the small helmets failing the impact absorption test. The small helmet is being recalled because some of the small helmets did not pass a part of the federal safety standard testing, thus posing a risk of head injury.
When did we first know about this?
- In July of 2019, it was reported that our small helmets failed a rear impact test by Consumer Reports. At that time, we removed the helmets from our website and have been working closely with testing partners, including the CPSC, since then to gain more information and details on the failure. In August 2020, we concluded that we need to recall all small helmets.
What testing did we do before we sold the helmet?
- All woom helmet models including small, medium, and large, were tested at a CPSC accredited test lab in 2017 before they were available for sale. At that time, all helmets met the requirements.
Is it still safe to use the medium and large?
- Yes! The medium and large helmets have passed all tests and are safe to continue to use.
How do I return my small helmet?
- Please visit our Return Center to create a prepaid return label. The original form of payment will be refunded back to your account once the helmet is received.